Thursday, July 8, 2010

Use Your Words.

Today has been ok...
I went to class, read some of that stupid book "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" [it's my most current enemy. Required reading for my J 100 class. AKA garbage. [The book. Not the class]] and then went to work.
I'd say the best part was work. [I work at a daycare]
Mostly because little kids are super cool.
You know what one of the best things about kids is?
They're so upfront with each other. [little little kids.]
For example:
Emily wanted to ride in the cardboard car, but Nathan was in it.
Emily tried to push Nathan off of the car. [unsuccessful]
So then she did the thing everyone just needs to learn to do.
She used her words.
"Nathan, I would like to drive the car."
"Okayyy, I wanna push it!"
Bam.
It's just that simple.
Think of all the anger and grudges we could save if we all just said what we wanted to say.
I mean, sometimes it's definitely best to keep your mouth shut [AKA "Oh my god I hate myself. Look at my butt. I'm like a size massive. I'm such a whale I hate myself how can you be seen with me. Don't you think I've gained weight?" The obvious, smart and safe response to this is to appear pre-occupied with something else and just shake your head.]
But when having a legitimate conversation or argument with someone,
be sure to actually verbalize what's wrong. [Yes. I want you to talk about your feelings.]
Because if you don't,
they're not gonna know and it will just bother you waaayyyy more than it needs to.
Don't be passive aggressive.
Use your words.
Got your back.
As always,
Happy to help.

Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment